This Christmas, I set out to purchase a new gym bag as a gift to myself in exchange for resolving to go to yoga at least once per week (so far so good!). I had quite a hefty checklist in hunting down the perfect brand and style for my needs, and my research eventually led me to Gaiam’s Everything Fits bag. Let me tell you, it goes down as one of my favorite purchases in yogi history!
The Gaiam Everything Fits gym bag is worth every penny. It’s more affordable than a lot of other brands’ bags (i.e. Lululemon, Athleta, Nike, etc.), and it has all the features I was looking for, plus some. Here’s the breakdown:
- Yoga mat straps on the bottom. This was my #1 must-have in the search for the perfect bag. I need a bag that can carry my mat, not just gym clothes, and fit my dual yogi/runner lifestyle. The elastic straps are adjustable to fit any size yoga mat, and you can just tuck them up on non-yoga days (unless you’re not OCD like me & the dangling straps don’t bother you 🙂 ).
- Ventilated zipper compartment for smelly things. My #2 must-have. Running shoes, sweat-drenched towels and clothes after a hot yoga class- these things belong in here, separated from the main compartment where your not-so-smelly things go. Especially if you go straight from work to working out or vice versa, you need that dressy work outfit to be isolated from your sweaty sports bra. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise! And for my fellow big-footed friends (we just have so much more to root down through in our tree poses- aren’t we lucky?), don’t fret: the ventilated compartment is spacious enough for my size 10 Asics.
- Interior pockets for organizing. I like organizing, remember (see #1)? A teeny zippered pocket to stash bobby pins & hair ties so you’re never stuck using rubber bands or twist ties (which don’t work, btw). Stretchy side pockets for small shampoo, conditioner, and body wash bottles if you’re a commuter type like me. A big, stretchy pocket for your wallet, keys, iPhone, and other goodies. Done, done, and done.
- Light as a feather! I’ve almost bought several different gym bags in store, only to realize that if they weigh that much with nothing but paper in them, then they’ll be WAY too heavy once I load them up with my Big Foot sneaks, filled water bottle, the works. Gaiam’s bag? Not the case! Super light and manageable.
- Doesn’t look too gym bag-y. Since I often run and/or yoga before or after work, errands, or meeting up with friends, I didn’t want my gym bag to look too gym bag-y. This bag is perfectly subtle and classy looking, so I don’t look too ridiculous layering my Everything Fits with my Longchamp.
- Perfect Size. Enter Goldilocks. I’ve had bags that are way too small to fit running shoes (unless that’s the only thing you plan on packing), and bags that are so huge they wouldn’t even be allowed as a carry-on. This bag is PERFECT for me. I can comfortably fit a water bottle, running shoes, an entire workout outfit, brush & toiletries for afterwards, my favorite yoga towel, plus my wallet/keys/phone and Kindle for pre-yoga down time. What more could a girl need?
Sold? You can buy the Everything Fits on Gaiam’s website, here!