If you’re anything like me, you’re always drooling over the Lululemon and Athleta catalogs that turn up in the mail, eyeing all the yogis’ adorable printed leggings on Instagram, and comparing your workout ensemble to everyone else’s on the trail. I know, I know, working out is not about looking cute, but you’ve got to admit: working out is a lot more enjoyable when you feel good about yourself. And there’s no better motivation to get your butt to yoga than having a brand new polka-dotted pair of leggings to show off. Am I right?
Here’s the problem. Motivational or not, a new pair of leggings for a cool $100+ or a fun, bright top for $50+ is just not in my budget, especially when I’m already investing in expensive yoga memberships, race entries, and new Asics twice a year so I don’t end up with club feet and my dad’s knock knees (sorry, dad).
Ladies, problem solved: FABLETICS. Fabletics is Kate Hudson’s athletic apparel line/monthly membership program. It’s similar to Birch Box, Nature Box (another obsession of mine), etc. in that you sign up as a VIP member and receive monthly benefits.
Here’s why you should join:
- I can honestly say that every piece of Fabletics clothing I’ve ordered (and that’s a lot, trust me) is just as adorable and just as high-quality as anything else I’ve ever worn, if not better. Pieces come with nice features such as hidden key pockets and thumbholes. Who doesn’t love thumbholes?
- You earn points for every purchase you make (2 points per dollar spent) and for every item you review after you wear it (20 points per review). Once you get to 1000 points, you earn a free $50 credit towards your next outfit! I review every single piece I order, and it took me 4 outfits/reviews to earn myself a free credit. Yes, that’s pretty much a buy 4 get 1 free deal, and yes, that’s better than your Sheetz coffee punch card can offer.
- Waking up on the 1st of each month to your new selection of outfits is like having Christmas morning 12 times per year. Hot pink zigzag anything will do that to a person.
- Returns and exchanges are free and super simple. Just save the bag that your clothing is shipped in; if you need to send something back, toss it right back in with some shipping tape & save yourself the $2.49 on a package at the post office.
Here’s what you do:
- Follow this link and register as a VIP.
- Complete the preferences profile, entering your favorite colors, workout types, clothing sizes, etc.
- On the 1st of every month, check your email to see the Fabletics outfits that have been chosen for you based on your profile. Outfits range from $50 to $80, depending on how many and which pieces are included. Let’s clarify. Outfits, not individual items, cost $50 to $80. SO CHEAP!
- Choose your favorite (or favorites 🙂 ) & check out! Make sure to pick an outfit out of the first ones chosen for you after you create your membership: your first outfit is 50% off!
- If you’re not feeling any of your outfit options on any given month (or you’re realizing you need to back off your workout apparel addiction for a hot sec), just log in before the 5th of the month and click the “Skip This Month” button. You won’t be charged! If you forget to do this and the 5th of the month comes and goes, you’ll be charged the $50, which will remain on your account as a credit for the next time you make a purchase.
It’s that simple! Fabletics veterans and newbies alike, note some of your favorite items in the comments below and share the love. My personal faves: Lima capris, Vaasa sports bra, and Oula tank: